Thursday, February 25, 2010

Venue Spotlight: The Duke Mansion

One of the most charming & unique venues in Charlotte is The Duke Mansion. One of my best friends held her rehearsal dinner there, and my husband and I frequently walked past it when we lived in the neighborhood. It is a beautiful historic mansion in the leafy upscale Myers Park area of Charlotte that now serves as a bed & breakfast. For years, The Duke Mansion was a hot spot for rehearsal dinners & bridesmaids' luncheons, but due to neighborhood restrictions and some other red tape I'm not overly familiar with, they were never permitted to hold weddings or receptions. I was ecstatic to find out that this is no longer the case! The Duke Mansion is now available for weddings & receptions and I absolutely cannot wait to plan {or attend!} a wedding at this beautiful historic venue! The options for decor are endless and will be extra fabulous with the existing details of the mansion itself.
I was unable to attend their big celebration in late January to celebrate the addition of weddings to their service menu {which got rave reviews!} so I set up a lunch meeting with Aundrea, the sales manager. We enjoyed a fabulous lunch in the library and then she gave me a tour of the entire property- which is amazing! I especially loved the sleeping rooms on the third floor whose ceilings rise & fall with the original architecture of the house.
It is truly a charming place and I am so excited to see the amazing celebrations that will get to be held at such an amazing and historic part of Charlotte!

{All photo credit + copyright: Tommy McCart Photography}






















No comments:

Post a Comment